Annalee Tobey, Executive Director
Phone: (360) 345-1738 | (360) 219-7088
Experience Chehalis is planning a new mural in Chehalis. Through public art we aim to not only beautify our community, but to create the opportunity to experience art in daily life. Experience Chehalis is seeking creative, vibrant and engaging design proposals for an outdoor mural on Palmer Lumber’s warehouse located at the corner of Prindle Street and State Avenue. The mural will be installed on the Prindle Street-facing wall. The business address is 370 NW State Ave. Mural dimensions for the wall is approximately 148 ft. W x 25 ft. Artists are welcome to submit a proposal on their own or as a group.
Experience Chehalis and Palmer Lumber request that mural designs incorporate a likeness of a historic image of Palmer Lumber’s operations. (see below Image A) In all cases the mural must be congruent and appropriate with the logging industry in our area. The design should include color and be representative of our Chehalis community and rich logging tradition. Artists do not need to have previous mural experience, but are expected to possess the skills and expertise to create a mural. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the site before submitting an application. Compensation will be provided and muralist will be responsible for all costs associated with creation of the mural including materials, but excluding paint. Market Street Ace Hardware has generously donated paint and primer. The timeline to complete the mural will be 4-6 weeks after selected muralist is notified.
To be considered for this mural project, please submit the following by June 22, 2022.
- Basic Information. Provide your name, mailing address, phone number and email.
- Artist Profile. Tell us about yourself! Submit a short bio outlining your experience as an artist.
- Detailed drawing of the intended mural design
- Artist Skills and Qualifications. Identify your specific skill set and qualifications that you will utilize to create a mural.
- Artist Reference and Experience. Submit a minimum of three, but no more than five, examples of your prior artwork in PDF or JPEG format. If you have previous experience with murals, please submit examples; otherwise, submit examples of your artwork.
Please submit the information requested to firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission deadline of June 22, 2022. Selected artist will be announced by July 8, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in our mural project, and for your interest in a beautiful, vibrant Chehalis! We look forward to receiving your submission. Please email questions regarding this project to Experience Chehalis Design Chair Emily von Flotow at email@example.com and/or Executive Director, Annalee Tobey at firstname.lastname@example.org.