Continue promoting the message with your employees about healthy best practices in the workplace including encouraging workers to stay at home when they are feeling ill.
- Ask workers to self-certify that they have experienced no COVID-19 symptoms since their last day of work. See questionnaire below.
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home. Develop policies that encourage sick employees to stay at home without fear of reprisals, and ensure employees are aware of these policies. You might encourage workers to do regular temperature checks at home before coming to work.
- Promote etiquette for coughing and sneezing and handwashing. Provide tissues, no-touch trash cans, soap and water, and hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Discourage workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible. Avoid non-essential person-to-person contact (e.g., handshakes)
- The WA Department of Labor & Industries can provide confidential, technical, no-fee assistance as you reopen your business. Visit their website for more information.
- Guidelines from Washington State’s Department of Health
- Download Standardized Employee Screening Questionnaire