The design committee creates programs and projects to enhance the look and feel of the downtown district. Historic building rehabilitation, street and alley clean-up, landscaping, street furniture, signage, visual merchandising and lighting all improve the physical image of the downtown as a quality place to shop, work, walk, invest in, and live. Design improvements result in a reinvestment of public and private dollars to downtown.
- Complete streetscape improvements
- Coordinate spring plantings downtown
- Evaluate existing physical assets for needed upgrades
- Work with local artists adding art to our community
- Manage holiday decorations
Chair: Michele Gallagher | firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: First Thursdays, 4 p.m. at Chehalis Coworks
The economic restructuring committee involves analyzing current market forces to develop long-term solutions. Recruiting new businesses, creatively converting unused space for new uses, and sharpening the competitiveness of Main Street’s traditional merchants are examples of economic restructuring activities.
- Create and manage Facade Improvement Program
- Maintain and promote Empty Building Inventory
- Monitor economic performance and progress
- Promote business opportunities downtown
- Review infrastructure needs & carry out related projects
Chair: Trevor Elliott | email@example.com
Meetings: Fourth Fridays, Noon at Sweet Inspirations
The promotion committee works on projects to create excitement and vibrancy downtown. Tourism programs, retail events, and image development campaigns are some of the ways the promotion committee provides education on what’s downtown and encourages customer traffic. Promotion involves marketing an enticing image to shoppers, investors, and visitors.
- Produce Experience Chehalis & Lewis County Visitor Guides
- Manages social media & e-newsletter campaign
- Promotes Chehalis community & business events
- Manages Choose Local First program
- Manages ChehalisFest
- Oversees www.ExperienceChehalis.com
Chair: Lindsey Senter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: First Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. at Market St. Bakery
The organization committee involves building a framework well represented by community partners and businesses. Comprised of CCRT Board of Directors. Focused on building a strong organizational structure and stability to build and maintain a long-term effort.
- Manages CCRT budget and finances
- Promotes CCRT to community partners
- Establishes CCRT policy
- Manages B&O Tax Incentive Program
- Oversees Executive Director
Chair: Andy Skinner | email@example.com
Meetings: Third Thursdays, 3 p.m. at City Hall