Whimsical light displays, charming shops, and cheerful local traditions bring out the magic of Christmas in Chehalis. Take pause from your busy lifestyle to enjoy the small-town holiday charm, rich traditions, and festive events in Chehalis.
Live Holiday Events
Feast your eyes upon these holiday shows, parades, and movies in downtown Chehalis, and watch your Christmas spirit come alive.
- Late Nov-Dec: View the “Chehalis Gingerbread House” at 1321 S Market Blvd.
- Nov 19: Santa Pet Pictures at Pacific NW Pet Center
- Nov 24: TAP Turkey Trot at Chehalis Thorbeckes Wellness Center
- Nov 26–Dec 18: Santa’s Grinchy Christmas Train at the Chehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum
- Nov 26: Santa Photos at Chehalis Outfitters
- Dec 1: Holiday Paint & Sip Night at Flood Valley Brewing Craft Taphouse
- Dec 3: 72nd Annual Santa Parade in downtown Chehalis at 11 am
- Dec 3: Free Holiday Movies at McFiler’s Chehalis Theater presented by Kiddin’ Around from noon-2pm. Watch the classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and Frosty the Snowman.
- Dec 3: Community Christmas tree lighting at the Lewis County Historical Museum at 4 pm
- Dec 4: December Cookie Class at Dandelion Creative Space
- Dec 10: Pawsome Pictures with Santa at Totally Pawsome
- Dec 15-18: Southwest Washington Dance Presents “The Nutcracker Ballet”
When you’re ready for holiday shopping, here are a few markets and shops to check off your list:
- Nov 25: Black Friday Sale at Runway Boutique
- Nov 25: 50% Off Black Friday Sale at Visiting Nurses Thrift Store
- Nov 25-27: Holiday Market at the Loft
- Nov 26-27: Shop Small Market at Jester Auto Museum
- Dec 2-3 Country Chicks CHICKmas! at the Southwest Washington Fairgrounds
- Dec 8: Men’s Shopping Night at Gracie’s on Market
- Dec 10: Santa Sale at Gifted Hallmark
- Dec 10: Winter Craft Market at Nature Nurture Farmacy
- Dec 15: Christmas Bliss at Gifted Hallmark
- Dec 15: Christmas Bliss at Gracie’s on Market
Want a little more from your holiday shopping experience? Consider dropping into one of the numerous open houses at our local downtown stores in Chehalis. Many open houses offer small bites, store-wide specials, and fun activities! It’s “small holiday gathering” meets “retail therapy.”
- Nov 18-20: Holiday Open House at Gifted Hallmark
- Nov 18-20: Holiday Open House at Gracie’s on Market
- Nov 18-20: Old World Christmas Open House at Kaija’s Garden & Pet
- Nov 18-20: Smith’s Mercantile Christmas Open House
- Nov 26: Shop Small at Milk + Honey Boutique
- Dec 10: Friends & Family Open House at Book ‘N’ Brush
Support Small Business in Chehalis
It’s always rewarding to shop small, but Christmastime infuses a special sense of joy into the experience. Don’t forget your local museums and gift shops, which have the perfect gifts for the history buff, veteran or railfan in your life. Then, there are the traditional tastes of the season! Your favorite specialty drinks and comfort foods will be served all season long at our local cafes, delis, restaurants, and bars.
Here are a few special events to further satisfy your cravings for local goods, conversations, and fares:
- Nov 26: Small Business Saturday at Gifted Hallmark
- Nov 22-Dec 12: Mail your letter to Santa at Book ‘N’ Brush or Totally Pawsome
- Dec 1-20: Play Christmas BINGO and enter to win $100 in local gift cards!
- Dec 17: Afternoon with the Authors at the Lewis County Historical Museum
There is no shortage of opportunities to make lasting memories and embrace the excitement of the holiday season here in Chehalis. Follow @experience_chehalis on Facebook and Instagram for regular small business highlights and local event updates!
Written by Chelsea Barr